The local organising committee (LOC) engaged MCI to help its national sponsors successfully engage a diverse audience and boost their brands through the championship’s Pavilion. Strategically located in the event village near the ice hockey rink, the Pavilion would be visited by thousands of people, and each sponsor needed to maximise the brand boosting potential of this unique sporting event.
Inspired by the combination of forward-thinking Swedish brands sponsoring the event and their commitment to innovation, our creative team worked with the LOC marketing team to convince the sponsors to join forces and make a bigger impact.
MCI contacted each sponsor, interviewing them to learn more about their objectives and vision for the event. Finding many opportunities for collaboration and key synergies such a focus on innovation and sustainability, we then approached the brands with the creative concept ‘Innovation We Trust.’
- From 18 February to 1 March, over 57,000 visitors were inspired by the brands and their innovative Pavilion.
- The Swedish King was so impressed that he visited the Pavilion twice, while the Swedish Minister of Innovation was delighted with the Pavilion and its showcase of Swedish brands.
- The Pavilion gained extensive coverage in print, radio and online media, including a 2-page feature in Swedish business daily Dagens Industri.
- The experiential nature of the Pavilion engaged all different age groups, while the brands were able to engage potential employees through the emphasis on innovation, creativity and flexibility.
- All seven brands were delighted with the results of their sponsorship efforts and with MCI’s work, giving us an average of 4.4 out of 5 for concept, value for money, engagement and delivery.
MCI’s unique services and solutions have brought great success stories and outstanding results to clients from around the world.
Download Client Story